Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ruby Jewelry

Three years ago I did a boutique show at the Salem Country Club, at that very show is where I met Megan Shepherd owner of RUBY JEWELRY. I've done a handful of these types of events and there is never a shortage of jewelry vendors, funny thing is I'm actually really not a jewelry person but still have attended plenty of jewelry home parties and always thought the products were pretty but not something I would buy. When I went over to look at Megan's table the first thing I notice where all her funky rings and these stunning keys that you would hang from a necklace.......her products were different, trendy, stylish and had a fabulous price point. As a graphic designer the next thing I notice was Megan's logo it was a huge "RUBY" ring.......I loved it! Over the next couple of years I ran into Megan at different events and was always under the impression that "Ruby Jewelry" was like the other home jewelry businesses.


Recently, I discovered that Megan does all her own buying.........OMG it totally made sense now why I was originally drawn to her product, Megan knows her clients and what they are looking for but instead of sending an email to corporate expressing that; she gets on a plane to New York and goes and finds it.....that requires a creative and stylish eye which Megan seamlessly incorporates into her product.



Megan and I recently got together to brainstorm about her business and how she should start blogging about her products. She has an eye that a lot of people do not, she can look a piece and know exactly how it should be worn, what it should be worn with and where to wear it to. Megan has the vision that a potential client may not..........by the time she left she was so excited to start her new BLOG

Next up was her logo, she really wanted to give it a mini makeover! For me her original ring was a powerful symbol that overtime would be able to stand on its own. Megan already had a fabulous color scheme but I felt her name needed a new font and to be incorporated with the ring. I began by creating her a completely new ruby ring, then found an equally stylish font to go with it and joined them so they could now be a pair. I truly loved her logo from the moment I first saw it and believe it really has come full circle. Overtime as Ruby Jewelry grows I can see that ring standing alone just like the target in "Target" so iconic it no longer needs the name written beside it.

2 comments:

manoj singh said...

These days gold is in more fashion as compared to diamond or any other jewelry, so the market of gold is very good. People love to buy online gold articles as well as there are people who are interested in selling such gold articles online.ruby jewellery

RockRushIndia said...

Thanks for sharing this post. Nice jewellery, check out ours.

Post a Comment