Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Jaclyn & Nates Rustic Chic Wedding


I am a huge fan of a Rustic Chic Wedding and have been waiting to blog about Jaclyn & Nates since I was first brought on board by event planner Jen Hansen of Gracious Events Management to design the table numbers, seating chart and signage. Thanks to Alison Taylor Photography I have some really stunning photographs of my work but there is no way I can do a blog about this wedding and only show my part. This wedding was EXCEPTIONAL and involved multiple creative individuals who all came together in their own way to make Jaclyn and Nates vision a reality.


I did not design the invitations but the designer did a really nice job at setting the tone with a color palette of hot pink and chocolate brown paired with a custom illustrated cowboy boot with a horseshoe designed by the Groom. The wedding was held in Peabody at the Historic Smith Barn which was the perfect setting.



I want to first begin with the table numbers in most cases they are usually folded or put in a clip but for this wedding real horseshoes where purchased off of ebay and the father of the bride created a wooden stand to hold the horseshoe. I then designed a 2 layer flat number card with a chocolate brown backer accented by a white linen card. All the table numbers were printed using a rodeo style font then hand embellished with hot pink glitter and attached to the horseshoe. The couple had a sweetheart table so I created a different sign using the boot designed by Nate and added each of their initials also hand embellished with hot pink glitter. On the back of the Bride and Grooms chairs were signs that read "Mr" and "Mrs" both were hand embellished with hot pink glitter and hung with hot pink satin ribbon.



The table linens were a mix of hot pink and white with either a hot pink or chocolate napkin therefore when I designed the menu card I used a single white linen card stock that continued the use of the same fonts from the rest of the signage and combined hot pink and chocolate ink. Each napkin was folded so the menu could be inserted into it which really gives each table an added design element.


A lot of brides dread the place cards/seating chart portion when planning their wedding, this is one of the items that is done last and by that time there is usually little creativity and money left over to handle it. I love when someone thinks outside the box and that is exactly what MOB Kim did. We had not yet decided on how to handle the seating chart but Kim new she did not want place cards. One afternoon I got an email from Kim with a picture of this weathered antique door that she had purchased at Flukes and Finds in downtown Newburyport........OMG I was out of my mind when she told me she wanted to use it to display the seating and how could we do it. I took measurements of the door and created two layered individual cards that were stuck to the door. Each card had the table number glittered in hot pink with the names of the guests printed above. I continued the use of the same fonts and card stock as used with all the other signage. The door was positioned at the entrance to the barn and finished with a stunning arrangement of flowers by Floral Artist Gregory Costa-Saint John owner of Flouer.




Caring about the little details in your wedding will make a difference and your guests will notice.....check out this FANTABULOUS sign that was created by Jaclyns Godmother Lynn Misiuk.....this is what guests first saw as they turned into the parking lot.....again a small detail with a huge result. Another little detail that I LOVED were the two huge lighted wreaths that hung on the big barn doors.....instead of leaving them plain Gregory decided to embellish them with flowers which just highlighted them even more.



I want to thank Alison Taylor Photography again for allowing me to use all of her photos in my blog, having professional photography of your work truly makes a difference. As you know I LOVE to share so if you have any questions about this wedding you can contact event planner Jen Hanson of Gracious Events Management . All the flower arrangements are the work of Gregory Costa-Saint John owner of Flouer. The couples cake was designed by Hilary Larson of Eat Cake in Newburyport and the wedding was held at The Smith Barn in Peabody.






0 comments:

Post a Comment